January 20, 2011

FANGORIA 300 ISSUE


FANGORIA 300 - ISSUE 300 - WOW - I feel like an old son of a bitch - I remember when I was 13 years old in 1984 and a friend of mine named Timothy introduced me to Fangoria.  From there on I started collecting them issues back way then.  I used to hit the FANGORIA Weekend of Horrors conventions when they used to have them at the Roosevelt Hotel in NYC in the 80's.   When going around the convention dealers room you would find original FANGORIA magazines for 2 dollars,  movie horror classic posters, lobby cards, rare items so cheap, and now those items are worth hundreds to thousands of dollars.  I remembered when they were selling the original PIECES horror movie poster for about 8.00 bucks rolled up.  You would even find original Star Wars collectible action figures for 3 bucks.   Everything now is reprints.  I wish I could turn back into the past and buy them memories.  I stopped collecting FANGORIA - 9 bucks now - I can't afford it - i have to go to Barnes and Noble and read it there because is too high in price - economy is shady my friends.   But I did buy the 300 Issue.  A great issue commemorating all time horror movie classics.  I wish FANGORIA was the price of a GQ magazine $4.99.  I love you FANGORIA - because of FANGORIA i went to Film School and made some bizarre short films.  May the legendary magazine live on. 

2 comments:

  1. Bought it too... *sigh*
    Today in early spring cleaning i dag out my husband's Fangoria collection from issue #1 and up. No clue what to do with them :s
    hard to throw away, no clue if can be sold. might put them in bathroom and read LOL!

    good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reply to Bunnie:
    OMG! You can make a fortune out of those!
    Sell them on ebay!

    If I would have the money, I would love to have them! Fangoria isn't sold at here in Sweden :(

    Sincerely,
    Peter from Sweden. :)

    ReplyDelete